Did you know the Romans soldiers were known for their armor in battle and their armor was credited for their success? As Paul encourages us to put on the whole armor of God, he makes parallels between what made the Romans successful warriors and us successful warriors.
Paul begins by encouraging us to put on our belt of truth. Now a belt may seem insignificant but it was quite necessary in the Roman’s armor. It was a thick belt and used to anchor the other pieces of armor. If the belt was out of alignment, so was the rest of the armor. The belt was used to store the weapons and rations. It was also used to carry the plunder of gold and silver.
Similarly, our belt of truth is equally important as we go into battle. Our faith, our peace, our salvation should be securely fastened and anchored in truth, the Word of God. The bible says, truth shall set you free. It is the truth you know and personalized that sets you free. Begin to store scriptures of truth into your belt. Let truth anchor every piece of your spiritual weapons.
Begin today and everyday meditating on truth. Here are a few truths to get you started today. Be anchored in these truths:
1. God is good and He is good to you.
2. All things work together for good for those who love God and is called to His purposes. (That’s you)
3. God will never leave or forsake you.
4. There is nothing that can separate you from the love of God.
5. You are the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus.
6. You are His masterpiece created for good works.
7. He longs to be gracious to you.
8. Those who look to Him are radiant. There faces are never covered with shame.
9. There is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.
10. You are accepted in the Beloved.
You are a strong warrior! Put on your belt of truth and let’s get ready to rumble!
Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, (Ephesians 6:13-14 NIV)