It Was More Than Food
Fill the Gap Outreach
We agreed to meet in the parking lot of McDonald’s. I had never met her but had a suspicion she was homeless. My suspicion was confirmed when she said she was driving an RV.
Young. Pretty. Mom. Widow. Homeless.
Her husband died at the end of 2021 from complications of Covid. Due to a series of events, she lost her home, her job, her security. She never dreamed in a million years, this would be her life – raising a child alone and living ￼in a camper.
When I opened the trunk and she saw the bag of groceries we were offering, she became teary-eyed up and leaned against my car for support. She was overwhelmed.
In the parking lot of McDonalds, we prayed together. I wish there was more I could do practically. But perhaps I did the most important thing, I prayed for her. Will you join me?
Her story is just one of many that was touched by your generosity this weekend when you gave to our Fill the Gap event. Your donations, your prayers, your volunteering touched the lives of many. You gave more than food.
Here is a summary:
1. 54 families and 130 children fed.
2. We connected a young woman facing eviction to a church who helped her pay rent.
3. We connected a young woman whose water was about to be turned off to an organization who helped her pay her bill.
4. We helped a domestic abuse survivor get a living room set for her new apartment.
5. A pre-Christian volunteer witnessed the Body of Christ actually acting like Christ.
You contributed so much more than food. Thank you.
Support this work with a donation.