This morning I awake with many thoughts running through my head, feeling many emotions. But God in His Fatherly manner, had already prepared for me to read Philippians 4. So this morning His Fatherly advice to me is this:
1. Rejoice – have fun! Celebrate this moment. Have fun being who I have called you to be and doing what I have called you to do!
2. Pray about all things, stress over no things. I will not leave you for I am faithful. I did not bring you to this point to leave you. Know that I am with you. Therefore, walk in peace today.
3. Let my thoughts about this weekend be your thoughts. Think about the beautiful, noble, praise worthy things that will happen this weekend through the Holy Spirit.
4. Learn from others BUT be who I have called you to be. I have uniquely qualified you to do this.
5. Yes, you can do all things because Christ is your strength and because I have equipped you with every spiritual blessing needed for tonight.
6. I will supply all of your needs according to My riches. I have given you everything you need for this weekend.
This pep talk from God should be the song that plays in our heads everyday. Whether we are going to the grocery store or ministering to a people group in the Congo, these six things should guide our day. We should live everyday being keenly aware that Abba Father is faithful, every moment is an opportunity to share the gospel, and we are uniquely qualified to be who God has called us to be.
This weekend is going to be AMAZING! This life is AMAZING!
“Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!”
Philippians 4:4 NIV