Are you stuck?
When God called the children of Israel out of Egypt, they left with great expectations. They had plundered their enemy with a simple ask, and set off toward their promised land. It was going to be marvelous. They were excited. They were expectant….Until trouble came their way.
As soon as life got difficult they began to look back. They romanticized their past. They longed for the days when everything was provided for them without a fight. They became stuck.
For forty years they were stuck between slavery and freedom. Between the old and the new. Between their past and their future. They were stuck.
If you are stuck this morning, ask yourself, “Am I holding onto my past?”
Are you wanting to go back to a previous season in time? It may have been a prosperous season, a time when it felt as if the land flowed with milk and honey. It may have been a difficult time when you felt enslaved but you miss the comfort of knowing what life may bring. Do you want to go back?
If we try to live our lives in the rear view mirror we will be perpetually stuck. God has closed that door so we can’t go back. Our only options are remaining stuck or moving forward.
I implore you to choose the latter.
How to get unstuck?
1. Grieve and move on. Remember we do not grieve like the world. We grieve with hope.
2. Embrace a vision for a better future.
3. Know God is with you in this new season.
4. Be strong and courageous and step out in faith.
5. Meditate on His Word.
6. Circumcise your heart. You may have become discouraged or disillusioned in your “stuck” days. But now, give your heart, your disappointment, your disillusionment to God. Let Him cut away the areas that have become callous. Let Him teach you to trust again, to hope again, to believe again.
Get unstuck my friends! Moved toward your tomorrow!
“This is my command—be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.””
Joshua 1:9 NLT