Do you feel as if you are in the fire? We have a plaque destroying. We have politicians silencing. We have social media intimidating, punishing, and deterring.
But if you look closely, you will see Him. His form is like the Son of God and He is in the fire with us – unsinged.
Let’s learn this morning from the story of Shedrach, Meshach, and Abad-Neco.
1. Arguing your point is useless. When confronted by the King as to why they refused to bow, these men did not find it necessary to “do their research” and convince others. No, they simply stood on the truth. They were willing to suffer the consequences for their actions, trusting God to deliver.
“O Nebuchadnezzar, we have no need to answer you in this matter. If that is the case, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and He will deliver us from your hand, O king. But if not, let it be known to you, O king, that we do not serve your gods, nor will we worship the gold image which you have set up.””
Daniel 3:16-18 NKJV
2. There is freedom in the fire. They were bound tightly before being placed in the fire. But while in the fire they walked around freely. No matter how many fires the enemy sends your way, it can’t prevent you from doing what God has ordained you to do. While in the fire worship, testify, dance, love, teach, learn, prosper.
3. Recognize that Jesus is in the fire with you. He is your protection. He is your shelter.
4. Fires are temporary.
5. The enemy sends fires to destroy. God uses those same fires to purify. These three men learned that not only God could save them but WOULD save them. They saw the Son of God. They learned a demonstration of the power of God is far better than trying to convince with an argument. They learned you can walk through fire and come out without the stench of the fire.
“these men on whose bodies the fire had no power; the hair of their head was not singed nor were their garments affected, and the smell of fire was not on them.”
Daniel 3:27 NKJV
6. Promotion is on the other side of the fire.
“Then the king promoted Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-Nego in the province of Babylon.”
Daniel 3:30 NKJV
Friends, don’t be intimated by the fires that are burning around you. Jesus is in the fire with you!